Leading a healthy lifestyle and being a fitness blogger isn’t all about restricting yourself and eat salad the whole time. I hope I preach it enough that you really do need to enjoy your treats and indulge every now and again. I love to bake and experiment with different protein based recipes so from this I came up with the idea of Banoffee Protein Muffins. A yummy snack whilst also getting your protein in.
2 cups of self raising flour or oat flour
2 scoops of banana protein powder (I used my protein whey*)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 ripe banana (optional)
10 drops of toffee FlavDrops*
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
3/4 – 1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar free syrup or honey
Handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and oil your muffin tin with coconut oil. I used a silicone non-stick muffin tray.
- Sieve in your flour, mixing with the baking powder and protein powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the other ingredients whisking well until combined. Keep whisking until it’s well combined, add milk until the consistency isn’t too thick.
- Mix together your two bowls adding the wet to the dry ingredients and whisk.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray, sprinkling a few chocolate chips on top. I filled mine right to the top so you get that muffin top signature rise.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check with a toothpick ensuring it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from tray and enjoy!